Thursday, June 19, 2008

Garage Sales

So, those that know me, know that I love to go Garage Saling. It is how I get my shopping "buzz" for cheap. There are many reasons, why I love to Yard Sale. I love finding just the thing my family has been looking for but couldn't (or wouldn't) pay full price for.

Like the riding lawnmower I got for $100! Seriously, I felt like I had been led to that yard sale. And in the 2 years that we have owned it, I have only had about $100 worth of maintenance and repairs.

I also love Yard Sales because you can try out items for cheap. Like Dinosaur Pancake Molds. I know, was skeptical at first. I have seen the cute shape molds in stores. They are pricey!


And what if they don't work!?!? Well, a few weeks ago, I found a set of 3, brand new in a box for .50. I couldn't' resist! I tried them the next time I made pancakes and now the kids ask for Dino pancakes every morning.




Last weekend was the Neighborhood yard sale in my parent's neighborhood. I wasn't looking for anything (remember I drove the little car from Tennessee--we already looked like the Clampetts) However, we (Jacqui, Dad and I) found a HUGE set of Discovery Toys Marbleworks. I had seen it on Friday, and the woman wanted $10 for it (total bargain). When I went with Jacqui and Pop, she still had it. Pop offered her $5 and she said, "YES" Total score. Adam and Amanda spent a good hour playing with the set today. It will be a good Grandparent toy.




Well, enough ramblings about Yard Sales. I am off to dream about the next treasures I will find this weekend.

6 comments:

Brenny said...

The treasures you will find... IN DAD'S GARAGE! Just kidding. You did find some cool stuff, and Trish is psyched about the backpack.

Haddorkus said...

There is nothing better than a yard sale deal, it makes yo feel like Queen of the World! That marble toy looks awesome.

Ok, so four days without kids, that really does top everything, though. I'm glad you got to do that. I've done the long slog through Kansas, Adam had it right.

Kelli said...

Honestly I have never been much of a yard sale gal. I think my problem is that I see how trashed our things get and I can never imagine anyone having quality stuff to get rid of! We don't get rid of something until it is literally falling apart! I may have to try it reagardless of my reservations.

Robin Fisher said...

Kelli,I think it is hard to yard sale in Utah. Too many people with too many kids. They all have that "use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."

Robin Fisher said...

I drove past many yard sale signs this morning. It took all my self control to get us over to Mom and Dad's and not take a few sidetracks. Once again, this is Jacqui commenting as you, although I bet you don't remember writing this comment, so you knew that :)

Jason said...

Love the pancakes!!!!