Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

I have to hurry up and post this entry, so that I officially have 3 blog entries for the month of October. Remember, I am trying to be better about updating my blog.

I thought you might enjoy a few photos from the evening. Growing up in Denver, we could carve pumpkins early in October and they were usually good until Halloween. In Tennessee, we don't have that luxury, it stays way too hot. Pumpkins start to go moldy a few days after you carve them. We picked these 4 pumpkins at the Pumpkin Patch earlier in the month. I was waiting for the perfect time to carve them. At 4:30pm this afternoon, I realized, we hadn't carved the pumpkins. The kids drew the faces and I cut, gutted and carved the pumpkins. I think that is some kind of record--4 pumpkins in 40 minutes.


I have to give credit to my good friend , Michelle Ocampo, for this photo idea. Adam lost ANOTHER tooth at school today. I had to get him with his Jack-O-Lantern. Can you see the similarities?
Amanda didn't want her photo with the pumpkins. Ummm, I wonder where she gets that need to be the center of attention.....



Adam was Batman and Amanda was a butterfly. She was quite offended when people called her a cute fairy, or princess. "I am not a princess--I am a butterfly." She would say in her grouchy voice.

Well, I am off to sort through the candy, hide 1/2 of it, throw 1/4 of it away and put the remaining 1/4 in a bucket on top of the fridge and give it out, a piece at a time for good behavior.

7 comments:

Brenny said...

The toothy pumpkin that matched Adam was great! Cute pictures. I love that amanda was so offended to be called anything other than a butterfly. Love it!

Jacqui said...

Really cute pictures. I miss your kids. When can I come see them? Next week? heheh

Robin Fisher said...

Jacqui, I love your new ID photo. Who took that great photo? ;)

A. said...

I love the photos! It's cool that you are following through on your goal of posting more.

Kelli said...

Thanks for the glimpse into the Fisher life! The pics are darling and I love the matching grins!

Christi said...

Great pictures! Congrats on the baby news...so exciting! And, congrats on the house sale!!! That really is big news in the slow real estate market. Good luck with all the transitions in the coming weeks!

Haddorkus said...

I love the matching teeth picture.

I have one of those spotlight kids, too. We didn't even get to pumpkins this year, but I will for sure check out that farm next year. Thanks for the tip.