Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Worth The Wait

Okay, so it has been over 2 months since my last post. I actually keep checking my blog to see if anyone has posted for me. No such luck, so I guess the responsibility falls completely on my shoulders. In the last 2 months I have been busy to say the least. Here are a few things that have happened.

1. Found out we are moving to Ft Bliss, Texas in February. Notice the proximity of my new home to the Mexico boarder.
The image “http://www.cnn.com/US/9802/16/patriot.explainer/texas.ft.bliss.lg.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

2. Found out I was pregnant. I told you Mike and I had fun during R&R. I waited and told Mike on the phone on our 10th Wedding Anniversary.

3. Listed our home For Sale By Owner. I spent countless hours watching "Designed to Sell" and "Stagers" and "Sell My Home." I staged our home by removing almost half of the furniture and knick-knacks. They are conveniently stored in the box trailer on the side of our house. Check out our website if you want to see photos.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/417fXDK-vvL._SL160_.jpg
4. Started and finished Potty training with Amanda. It was just time. I purposely waited until WE were done with our summer travel plans and Mike's R&R. I don't know why she is wearing her backpack in this photo, but any potty training mommies will tell you as long as they are on the toilet--who cares what they are wearing?!?!?

5. Had a HUGE birthday party for Adam and Amanda at an indoor inflatable park called, "The Jump Zone." Adam turned 7 and Amanda turned 3.


6. Had 2 dear friends come to visit--Jenny Gideon and Michelle Ocampo. We knew each other when we lived at Fort Polk, Louisiana. When they met me, Adam was just a baby. Now, SIX years later, collectively, we have a 7 year old, two 5 year olds and three 3 year olds. It was so fun. Thanks girls for making the drive! I wish I had a photo of all 3 of us, but we were too busy chasing the kiddos to snap a photo.

7. Sold our house. YUP, as of today we are OFFICIALLY under contract and by 1 December, the Mike and Robin Fisher Family will be HOMELESS. There has been a bit of a learning curve, doing it For Sale By Owner, but as of right now, it has TOTALLY been worth the savings. Nice to walk away with some money in our pocket.

We realize that all of these good things and blessings have been from God. Thanks to everyone who has kept us in their thoughts and prayers. The next couple months will be busy with Mike's return, packing up our stuff, living with good friends (Thanks again, Rick and Jenny), looking for our new home in El Paso and actually making the move. Since noone will write my blog for me (Kelli, how did you get Trisha to write your blog?!?!) I will try to be better. But don't give up on me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WoW! I love your blog. Brian told me about bebe, congrats! So, when are you due?? Hope to see you all before the big move to TX. Love, the "other" Fisher family :-)

Jacqui said...

Shoot! I was hoping to be the first to comment! Doh!

Way fun. Glad I knew about all these things and none of it came as a surprise to me :)

Laura George said...

THAT IS A DOUBLE CONGRATS,ON THE HOUSE AND THE BABY. HOPE YOU CAN FIND SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT FT BLISS. GOOD LUCK!

Baby's got blue eyes said...

I'm sooooo glad you finally updated your blog (tick goes the eye, tick goes the eye) I've been checking it with nothing new for so long out of habit I almost missed that you'd actually added something. I'm so pitiful! Hope to see you soon... got a new addition to the family myself, check out the blog. Love ya

Kelli said...

Oh my Gosh! It was so worth the wait. I had stopped checking for updates there for a while! Congrats on the impending arrival and the selling of the house! Confession. Tricia didn't do squat on the blog I just impersonated her to mock her a bit. She said that "Tricia" should write more often. Nice.

Brenny said...

That was worth the wait. And Cory, I DID miss the post because I hadn't checked in a couple of days. I'm so glad you posted! I just love hearing and seeing what you are up to. Congratulations on selling the house. It's a load off your mind, I'm sure. I'm excited to see you in a few weeks!

A. said...

Congratulations! I talk to Jacqui occasionally but obviously don't ask the right questions!