Monday, April 14, 2008

from Mike 11 April



11 April 2008
From Mike:
I'm including a photo from today. Thought you might like to see me eating some hobus (flat bread) while we were out today. The family was really gracious. The white stuff is a little interesting. Looks pretty nasty but it tastes like a cross between cottage cheese and sour cream. Pretty good when you dip the bread in it. The funny thing was, we started setting up at their house and they offered us chai (tea). I started doing my business and they brought out this tray of food for all the guys. I was pretty busy so it was about 15 minutes before I realized nobody was going to eat anything until I did. So I sat down and ate a little so everyone else could get started.

Don't ask me what they were setting up--Mike wouldn't say. But he did mention that usually when they go to this house, they get shot at. He was surprised (and nervous) when they brought out bread.

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

I guess everyone was waiting to see if the HGIC would venture the food first?

Jacqui said...

I meant to add something about the food being poisoned... Brave of Mike to try it first.

Robin Fisher said...

I totally thought that about the food being poisoned, too! But I guess it wasn't.

Brenny said...

Crazy! That is kind of scary, but nice of them to give them some food, I guess... Thanks for posting the picture! It is nice to see Mike. :)

Robin Fisher said...

You mean it is nice to see Mike under 60 lbs of protective gear? If it weren't for his smile--I am not sure if I would be able to pick him out of a crowd :)

Jason said...

That's a cool picture. I'm sure the food is fine! Looks like he's doing well. Did you get my emails I sent? I just switched email addresses and have been having some issues with them getting through (spam blockers maybe). My new email is
jjohnson171@gmail.com. Do you have Ben Shaha's email. Wanted to say Hi.

Kelli said...

I totally thought the food would be poisoned. Maybe that is what gave him walking pnemonia!