Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Whitewashing


Are you familiar with the story of Tom Sawyer and whitewashing? Tom made whitewashing look like so much fun that he tricked several of his friends into painting for him. I think my dad was the king of "Whitewashing." He always made work look like fun. I think my siblings will agree. Remember our "family vacation" to Scottsdale to work on one of the rental properties? I WISH I could use the chainsaw!
Well, I think I am learning the art of "whitewashing". My nieces and nephew, helped me mow my yard today. And the only thing they wanted to do, was drive the riding lawnmower.

2 comments:

Brenny said...

I totally remember that trip. I think that was the first time I realized most of our trips were either to see family or tax write offs. Not all trips, but most.

And I'd get sucked into the riding lawn mower thing, too.

Jacqui said...

Tax write off, tax write off, Robin laid an egg.

I'd probably mow your lawn (once) if I could use your mower.

Did you sing that to the tune of Jingle Bells?