Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Week in Review April 17-24

Spring has officially hit here in Clarksville and I have been trying to get our yard and lawn up to speed. Amanda has been helping me plant flowers. We have a new rule at the Fisher house, "You can't pick the flowers that are in the pots, you can only pick the flowers in the grass." I am sad to say that we have several marigold plants that were beheaded before the rule was in place.

Amanda got to meet several of the earthworms that live in our yard. She has decided that they are "very wiggly." She is extremely polite. "Hellow, orm. I'm Amanda."

This weekend was Clarksville Rivers and Spires Festival. It is a huge street festival. I decided to brave the crowds and take the kids. They had a Kid Zone. This ship was Adam's favorite.

I don't know if you can see the expression on Adam's face, but he is screaming his head off as he goes down this slide. He probably rode this slide about 4 times.Clarksville Montgomery County School District had a whole area. Each child got a report card and then they had to go to different booths and get a grade. The last booth, each child got a diploma and their photo taken with the Superintendent of Schools. Adam will graduate in 2019. Crazy, huh. It was great to start talking about Graduating from high school. (when Adam asks if he can eat cookies for breakfast, I tell him he can eat cookies for breakfast when he is in college) He can't wait to get to college and now he understands the time line a little better.


While Adam, Amanda and I were busy having fun, Mike was working with a bunch of local leaders (city, tribe, school) and a contractor getting ready to start a renovation project. Just so you know, Mike is the white guy wearing the ACUs in the middle.
The other picture is Mike showing one of his Luientants how to do a pinky shake with one of the local kids. The local kid knew how to do it. :)
Well, that is a week of photos in review. I hope all is well for you.
Lots of Love,
Robin

5 comments:

Brenny said...

Oh my goodness, I laughed so hard I started crying -- or maybe those were tears because I miss you guys? Maybe. Anyway, I loved the picures. Amanda's hair is so long! and the worm story was classic. Three cheers for headless marigolds, dirty hands, and wiggly 'orms.

The festival looked fun. The boat slide make me think of The Titanic. Anyway, how cute was Adam in his cap and gown? Tell him Uncle Darren thinks cookies for breakfast are always okay, and brownies for that matter... You make me laugh!

I'm going to go read it again.

Brenny said...

Just so you don't think I only care about seeing pictures of your kids, I'm glad you included pictures of Mike. Of course the guy in camo was Mike. Wait, are you saying he has other clothes?

And I just have to say it, I totally see you in Amanda in that dirty hands picture.

Robin Fisher said...

Mike only has Army clothes with him. I just thought it would be funny--like you couldn't pick out his shiny head :) This is the first picture I have seen of him without his helmet on. I guess they were in a "safe" area.

Jacqui said...

Amanda's hair looks so cute! That was the first thing I noticed too. And the ship was definitely the titanic, hello! It's only half blown up so it looks like it's sinking. A little morbid if you ask me.

I think Amanda talking to worms is great. Andy just started talking to Water. "Hello, water!" I have no idea.

Kelli said...

I love seeing pictures of your family! I have never met Amanda but she looks like you! I love that she is so polite when meeting worms. I love the pictures of Mike working!