Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 16--Remember

I am proud to be an Army Wife.  I am proud that my kids put their hand over their heart when the National Anthemn is played.  Adam and Amanda both know all of the words for the first verse and they sing it loud.  I love America.   Amid all of this American Pride, sometimes I forget that Mike's job can be dangerous.  Okay, I don't forget.  I conviently choose not to acknowledge.  I try to focus on the positive stuff.  Yeah, maybe I am in denial.  But that is were I have to live, so I can continue with a normal life and be stable for my kids.

I don't usually watch the news while Mike is deployed.  That is a topic for another post.  But today I have been reading the news, my heart has been heavy thinking about the friends and family members of the 30 Soldiers who were killed on Saturday in Afghanistan.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

So sad. Thanks for making me aware of it. I don't watch the news either. We'll say it's just to support you :)

Helen said...

My heart also goes out to the families of the soldiers. "Land of the free because of the brave" means families, too.

Laura George said...

I have been as well. So tragic!

Brenny said...

So sad.