Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 2

Day 2 happened to be Sunday.  Sundays and Deployments are another post and I promise I will write about that later.

But I want to focus on Day 2.  At church, I got comments and hugs from so many friends.  So many well meaning friends who looked at me sadly and said, "How are you doing?" with a concerned frown.  I smiled and said, "It is Day 2.  If I were falling apart today, I don't think it would be good for the next year.  Talk to me on Day 45." Which is usually when reality hits me upside the head and I fall apart.

This is the thing. And don't get me wrong.  

I miss my husband so much that sometimes it is hard to breathe and if I dwell on the thought too long, yes, I do break down into tears overwhelmed thinking about the next 363 day.  363 waking up and getting the kids ready and out the door, 363 dinners, 363 days of emptying the dishwasher (Yes, my husband will unload the dishwasher),  363 nights of getting my kids into bed by myself, 363 nights of procrastinating going to bed because I don't want to fall asleep alone, 363 whatevers.  BUT I can't dwell and I can't break down.  I have 3 little people depending on me, so I have to save the self pity moments for when I am alone.

I am so thankful for a friend who invited us over for dinner tonight.  Actually, it was the son of a friend.  In our church, male members of the congregation are asked and assigned to watch over certain families in the congregation.  Tommy, almost 16 years old, is the young man assigned for our family.   I am thankful for the example Tommy sets for my kids, especially my son, about how to help and serve those people around you.

Marie and Amanda's favorite part of the evening was getting to play with the bunny.  Nice to have such a cute and fuzzy distraction.


I don't know if can catch it in the video, but Marie calls the rabbit a "Hopp-it"  So cute!

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Does anyone else know that you are posting again these days? I am happy to keep up the comments myself, but I was just wondering.

So what would be an appropriate question to inquire to you mental and emotional state?

My word verification is PRESS!

Robin Fisher said...

I haven't told anyone else yet. You are my audience so far. Thanks for being the guinea pig :)

Brenny said...

I love that she says hop-it. Wonderful Marie. Has anyone told you she looks like you?

My word is 'storic' as in, your blogging will be 'storic.